SmartestEnergy wins Energy Supplier of the Year
SmartestEnergy has been named as Energy Supplier of the Year in this year’s Energy Awards, beating off competition from many of the biggest names in the industry.
The award was announced at a gala dinner attended by more than 500 leading figures at the Grosvenor House Hotel in London.
David Taylor, Head of Sales for SmartestEnergy, said the award reflected a year of “real progress and achievement” during which customer numbers rose by 71% and the number on renewable contracts more than doubled.
“Since launching our retail business just over four years ago we believe we have set new standards for service and product innovation and we’re delighted our progress has been recognised in these flagship industry awards.”
The award, which was sponsored by Comparethemarket, comes just weeks after the news that SmartestEnergy had once again topped the Datamonitor Major Energy Users (MEU) survey for customer satisfaction, finishing first in the half yearly 2012 results.
The Energy Awards, organised by Water, Energy & Environment magazine, and now in their second year, aim to recognise best practice among suppliers, energy users and brokers.
Tim McManan-Smith, Editor of Water, Energy and Environment, said the awards recognised the industry’s “undoubted achievements” and the winners served as an inspiration to others in the sector.
The finalists in the Energy Supplier of the Year category were: SmartestEnergy; CNG; EDF Energy; Gazprom Energy; Haven Power; nPower and Total Gas & Power.
This week's Informer headlines
- Transmission and distribution reforms to lower bills
- Energy compensation package for manufacturers brought forward
- DECC hits back at think tank report on renewables
- Scottish government hails community energy potential
- Businesses call for low carbon Energy Union
- UK energy efficiency plans lack credibility – report
- Sector Round Up - 24/03/2015
- CfD results: Independent generators helping drive down renewable energy costs
- Clock starts ticking on CfD bids
- A Christmas gift to care for kids
- SmartestEnergy signs deal for pioneering energy storage project
- Going for Gold at the Green Energy Awards
- Changes to the CFD supplier obligation
- Consultation on Capacity Market supplementary design proposals and transitional arrangements