SmartestEnergy wins Energy Supplier of the Year
SmartestEnergy has been named as Energy Supplier of the Year in this year’s Energy Awards, beating off competition from many of the biggest names in the industry.
The award was announced at a gala dinner attended by more than 500 leading figures at the Grosvenor House Hotel in London.
David Taylor, Head of Sales for SmartestEnergy, said the award reflected a year of “real progress and achievement” during which customer numbers rose by 71% and the number on renewable contracts more than doubled.
“Since launching our retail business just over four years ago we believe we have set new standards for service and product innovation and we’re delighted our progress has been recognised in these flagship industry awards.”
The award, which was sponsored by Comparethemarket, comes just weeks after the news that SmartestEnergy had once again topped the Datamonitor Major Energy Users (MEU) survey for customer satisfaction, finishing first in the half yearly 2012 results.
The Energy Awards, organised by Water, Energy & Environment magazine, and now in their second year, aim to recognise best practice among suppliers, energy users and brokers.
Tim McManan-Smith, Editor of Water, Energy and Environment, said the awards recognised the industry’s “undoubted achievements” and the winners served as an inspiration to others in the sector.
The finalists in the Energy Supplier of the Year category were: SmartestEnergy; CNG; EDF Energy; Gazprom Energy; Haven Power; nPower and Total Gas & Power.
This week's Informer headlines
- Ofgem and Labour clash over new electricity trading rules
- UK drops to fifth in EY renewables table over policy uncertainty
- Fallon urges restraint over wind payments
- Consumers could miss out on smart grid benefits say UKERC
- Wind power output up by 38 percent in 2013 reports DECC
- Business leaders urge political unity to address climate change
- Sector Round Up - 04/03/2014
- SmartestEnergy supports 56MW UK solar investment
- Proposals for regulating non-domestic TPIs
- SmartestEnergy tops customer satisfaction table for 4th year running
- Central Feed-in Tariff Register (CFR) User Guide Part 5
- Feed-in Tariff Levelisation Schedule Year 5
- SmartestEnergy disappointed over delays to improving settlement accuracy
- Delay to P272