Posted on: 04/12/2019
For a detailed look at activities, SmartestEnergy has collated its green and charitable highlights from the past year in its Sustainability Report 2019, which was published earlier this week. Along with providing company highlights, the report explores how SmartestEnergy is helping smart businesses take the lead on net zero.
As the year wraps up, SmartestEnergy reflects on its efforts to focus on green initiatives and partners with Renewable World to issue its festive e-cards, providing them with a donation to support the work they do to deliver clean affordable and sustainable sources of energy to the developing world. You can find out more about Renewable World via their website.
If you’re in touch with SmartestEnergy on the approach to the festive season, you’ll no doubt see the Renewable World festive e-cards from our team in your inbox!
So, what are the company’s green highlights from 2019?
- A new Sustainability Forum:
- As pledged in our Sustainability Report 2018, this year SmartestEnergy established a Sustainability Forum, involving employees across the business in proactive discussions that drive action and decision making on sustainability topics
- Inaugural London Green Film Festival Sponsorship:
- SmartestEnergy powered the London Green Film Festival with 100% natural renewable electricity, generated from solar, wind and hydropower sources
- Customer, staff and consultant perspectives were recorded on-site at the premier screening and collated on a YouTube playlist
- Continuing to Champion Independent Renewable Generators:
- SmartestEnergy published its seventh annual Energy Entrepreneurs Report 2019 providing analysis of the UK independent generation sector
- The value of Renewable Energy Guarantees of Origin certificates (REGOs) featured prominently across many of SmartestEnergy’s publications, highlighting the company’s ongoing commitment to providing independent renewable generators with payment for REGOs as part of all Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs); this topic was covered in detail in the report ‘The Future Revenue Stack: Driving Value in an Uncertain Future’
SmartestEnergy gets a new UK Head Office next year:
Next year, SmartestEnergy is moving its London office. Waving goodbye to Dashwood House, the company will be taking up residence in The Columbus Building, Canary Wharf. The building itself boasts a ‘very good’ Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method (BREEAM) rating, which highlights the sustainability credentials of the building. There’s a whole host of sustainable considerations for this move, which you can read more about in SmartestEnergy’s Sustainability Report 2019.
Christmas UK Office Opening Hours:
Please be reminded of SmartestEnergy’s UK office opening hours over the festive season if you’re looking to contact a member of the Trading or Customer Service teams:
- 24th December 2019 (Christmas Eve): 8.30am – 1pm
- 25th December 2019 (Christmas Day): Closed
- 26th December 2019 (Boxing Day): Closed
- 27th December 2019: 8.30am – 5pm
- 30th December 2019: 8.30am – 5pm
- 31st December 2019 (New Year’s Eve): 8.30am – 1pm
- 1st January 2020 (New Year’s Day): Closed
SmartestEnergy would like to take the opportunity to wish all customers and partners all the best for the festive season!